Thursday, December 31, 2009

ROUND 4 at your DOOR - REGGIO EMILIA 2009

REGGIO EMILIA HEATS UP! Three more decisive games from Thursdays round four!

One win with the White pieces and two wins with the Black pieces – not bad – 3 out of 5 games decisive! Kamsky and Caruana had to play each other today but that ended in an exciting draw. It looked like, at least to me, that Kamsky had a win – I will have to spend some time analyzing this game and then the time spent will tell what secrets remain, as of now, in this game.

VOCATURO

JOBAVA

WHITE TO PLAY AND ACHIEVE A DEAD WON POSITION

QUIET MOVE WINS THE DAY.

BOLOGAN

LANDA

BLACK TO PLAY

DEFEND AGAINST THREATS WHILE CREATING SOME MORE OF YOUR OWN

It is always nice to see an author win with the opening that they have just written a chess book about. Bologan has just written a very popular book on the King’s Indian Defense. I have taken a look at it and it isn’t bad but I have to be honest and say that I do prefer a different format for my Chess Books. Anyways Bologan has also done a Chessbase DVD on the KID that will be extremely interesting and a product that I hope to review.

Happy New Years! – Coach Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment