Monday, December 21, 2009

On vacation - not permenently!

So I have just started my short two week vacation - and in addition to visiting with family and friends I hope to get in a little quality time with the chess board. Some time to work on my game at last and I am also hoping to prepare the next Super Group lessons far in advance of when I will need them - no more being behind the eight ball!

I will be posting an interesting endgame position on my blog later on today or tomorrow - on that one of my students won well after he should have been checkmated. But such is Scholastic chess - we can't always expect our students to play perfectly but sometimes they surprise us with the winning ideas they do entertain. I will share one such idea with you later on.

Yours in chess - Coach Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment