Friday, April 10, 2009

Chess Tournaments...


Hello everyone...

Let me share some of my chess objectives with everyone here on my blog... Hopefully this year I will get back to playing in some of the really big chess events. I am hoping to play in the WORLD OPEN and then even some more events towards the end of the season. I have a lot of work to do on my game and hence will be picking my opening repertoire for the upcoming year in addition to working on my overall game playing ability. So much work to do... so little time.

As of right now though I have been taking up the physical part of my training so as to be in the best possible playing shape that I can be in. I have started running again, stretching, push-ups and swimming. In about a week or two I hope to hit the Gym and start some resistance training as well. For those of you who find this hard to believe a chess player needs to be in shape because of the stress levels that competitive play generates. Besides everyone should want to be healthy anyways and that means working out/doing something other than just sitting around.

The teaching of chess in the Schools requires high energy levels of any coach who really cares about doing their best for their students. Another reason why I have started to work out again. On Wednesdays I have three schools that meet where I am the coach and let me tell you by the end of the day I am totally wiped out physically. So I need higher energy levels to be even more effective at my job.

Once I start playing in tournaments again you can look forward to finding many of my games posted here on this blog for your enjoyment. Till then... the random postings will continue! :P

-Coach Sean.

No comments:

Post a Comment